Petroleum System and Play Analysis In Exploring For Hydrocarbons.
Time & Location
About the Event
Learning Outcomes :
Upon completion of the course, participants are expected to be able:
- To gain in-depth understanding on the concept of petroleum system, related processes and petroleum system chart
- To assess all relevant petroleum system elements such as reservoir, migration, seal, trap and the importance of timing in the development of a petroleum system
Who should attend: Reservoir modelers, reservoir engineers, geologists, sedimentologists and stratigraphers.
- Introduction and fundamentals.
- Exploration stages and objectives.
- Elements of the petroleum system.
- Basin scale studies.
- Play concepts and maps
- Risking approaches.
- Prospect generation and maturation
Instructor: Prof. Ahmed El-Barkooky
Emeritus Professor of Applied Sedimentary Geology at Cairo University, Geology Department